Friday 5 August 2016

Crimean War Sardinian Provisional Cavalry - S range conversion.

Another of my conversions for the Crimean War S range series.

I had always fancied some Sardinians to compliment my allied army and the original S range figures listed in their catalogue seem illusive, assuming they were ever produced.  So I set about creating some conversions.

This is my attempt at a Sardinian Provisional Cavalryman.






It is basically the French Chasseurs a Cheval figure with a large (and long) horse hair plume added.  The Sardinian cavalry seem to have worn trousers.  I just painted over the boots and it sort of works, but I should have filed the boot tops away. 

The figure is painted as a trooper of the 2nd Squadron of the Sardinian Provisional Cavalry (Aosta).  The Provisional Cavalry squadrons have different coloured kepis.  For more information see http://www.ottoman-uniforms.com (Crimean War Sardinian Army).

 This figure is available from John Cunningham as part of his Crimean War Range.

No comments:

Post a Comment